Last Updated January 20, 2021.
A “cookie” is a tiny text file that is stored on your computer’s hard drive. It records information about how you navigated around a website.
Cookies enable a website to do the following:
- Present a tailored experience to you on your next visit based on the information recorded and stored from your last visit.
- Analyze traffic and for advertising and marketing purposes.
Cookies are used by nearly all websites and do NOT harm your system.
However, you can block cookies at any time by activating the appropriate setting(s) in your browser.
To set the types of cookies you accept; disable cookies; or clear cookies and site data, go to your browser’s settings. Here’s how it is done in Chrome:
- Click the tricolon in the upper right hand corner of your browser.
- Choose Settings from the menu.
- Choose Advanced from the left sidebar.
- Choose Privacy and security.
- Choose Cookies and other site data. Edit as desired.
This process is done similarly in all browsers. If you are using a browser other than Chrome, then click HERE for help.
- Cookies are either:
- Session cookies: These are only stored on your computer during your web session and are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They usually store an anonymous session ID allowing you to browse a website without having to log in to each page, but they do not collect any personal data from your computer.
- Persistent cookies: A persistent cookie is a file that remains on your computer even after you close your browser. This type of cookie can be read by the website that created it when you visit that website again. Stitching in Colour uses persistent cookies for Google Analytics.
- Cookies can also be categorized as follows:
- Strictly necessary cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to use the website seamlessly, such as when buying a product and / or service. Therefore, they cannot be turned off. Because without these cookies, the services available to you on our website cannot be provided. These cookies do not gather information about you that could be used for marketing, nor do they remember where you have been on the internet.
- Performance cookies: These cookies enable me to monitor and improve the performance of this website. For example, they allow me to count visits and identify traffic sources, which allows me to determine which parts of the site are most popular.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies allow Stitching in Colour to remember choices you make and provide enhanced features. For instance, I may be able to provide you with news or updates relevant to the services you use. They may also be used to provide services you have requested such as viewing a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect is usually anonymized.
Stitching in Colour & Tracking
Stitching in Colour does NOT currently track visitors for analytical, performance, or targeting purposes.
Third Party Partnerships
I have no control over these cookies.
Read my Disclosure Policies.